Fire-Pro Fire Protection Ltd. is a major provider of fire protection and security systems installations and maintenance in the Greater Vancouver area, and we continue to grow strictly due to our proactive approach to customer service and the expertise of our technicians. When you work for Fire-Pro Fire Protection Ltd., we offer aggressive salaries, a proficient working atmosphere, and an all-inclusive benefits package. While employed, you will experience formal and on the job training (company sponsored), opportunity for growth, terrific people, and a highly regarded company. Current Job Opportunities (click on link to bring up job description) ASTT Fire-Alarm Technician Technician Helper Service Coordinator Fire Alarm Project Manager Sprinkler Service Technician
JOB POSITIONS AVAILABLE
Title: Fire Protection Technician ‐ Accredited
Job Description: This position will carry out inspection, installation, some programming, repairs and testing of not only detection and signalling systems (including Notifier, Simplex, Edwards, Mircom, and various other panels), but servicing, examination and repair of extinguishers, emergency lights and sprinkler systems on either an annual or service related basis. Accuracy in supported paperwork will be fundamental to the overall job responsibility.
- Customer service focused
- ASTTBC Certifications or CFAA
- Industry experience Asset but not a Requirement
- Electrical and/or Electronic, Sprinkler or Millwright Trade Qualifications
- Full formal and on the job training (company sponsored)
- Prospect for growth and specialized job ownership
- Aggressive salary
- Proficient working atmosphere
- All‐inclusive benefits package
- Terrific people
- Highly regarded and growing company Thank you to all applicants. Only those contacts considered for an interview will be contacted.
Fire Alarm Technician ‐ Helper
Job Description: This position will assist lead Fire Alarm technicians to carry out inspection, repairs and testing of not only detection and signalling systems (including Notifier, Simplex, Edwards, Mircom, and various other panels), but servicing, examination and repair of extinguishers, emergency lights and sprinkler systems on either an annual or service related basis.
Accuracy in supported paperwork will be fundamental to the overall job responsibility. Requirements Customer service focused ASTTBC Certifications in both Fire Extinguishers and Emergency Lighting or have attended courses at BCIT and have successfully passed or the willingness to attend BCIT courses to obtain full certification as an accredited Fire Alarm Technician.
Some industry experience would be an asset but not a requirement, along with some electrical and/or Electronic and/or Sprinkler Qualifications. In return Full formal and on the job training (company sponsored) Prospect for growth and specialized job ownership Aggressive salary Proficient working atmosphere All‐inclusive benefits package Terrific people Highly regarded company Thank you to all applicants. Only those contacts considered for an interview will be contacted
EXPERIENCED SERVICE CO‐ORDINATOR
Summary: To create and communicate deficiency reports effectively and efficiently to customers based on completed work assignments such as annual inspections, service calls, and in some cases, completed repairs that require further investigation and conclusion. May assist in receiving and dispatching routine and emergency information and keeping records.
Responsibilities: Previous 5 years of experience in the Fire Service industry and service technician dispatching is required; any resumes with NO previous experience will not be considered. Demonstrate professional customer service skills. Acts as a liaison to resolve concerns with customers and maintain a desired level of service. Process technician’s work orders on a daily basis. Ensure customer satisfaction and perform follow‐up service calls and email. Communicate job progression with customers as required. Coordinate received information with property managers and/or onsite contacts pertaining to scheduled annual inspections, service calls and other emergency situations. Must be an organized individual, and be able to multi‐task. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
FIRE ALARM INSTALLATION PROJECT MANAGER
Our company is a recognized leader in the sales, and service of state‐of‐the‐art monitoring and control systems for fire alarm, portable extinguishers, and sprinklers systems. With a major manufacturer as a value added partner (VAP), this creates innovative, high quality solutions that meet customer needs now and into the future. We specialize in fire alarm upgrades and retrofits working closely with engineers and consultants. We are currently looking for a Fire Alarm Project Manager to join our team in Vancouver.
- Manage the installation of fire alarm systems equipment at customer sites, ensuring a professional, timely and cost‐effective installation process.
- Oversee employees and subcontractors.
- Manage projects (and processes) to ensure consistent project delivery.
- Maintain project paperwork including contracts, revisions, estimates, work drawings and specifications.
- Interface with customers and employees to schedule and manage the project from start through completion.
- Liaison with the sales team, programming team and the service department to ensure a smooth transition from point of sale to handing the completed project over to the client.
- Promote the overall installation capabilities of products and services.
- Minimum 2 years of project management experience including planning, scheduling, delivery, and installation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Work as a team leader and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of CAN/ULC‐524 & 537 and National Electrical Code is an asset.
- ASTT disciplines in FA, SPK, EM, Special suppression an asset.
- Valid driver’s license, with a good driving record.
- Outstanding customer service and problem solving skills.
- Fire alarm technicians looking to move into a project manager role will be considered.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and Outlook required.
SPRINKLER SERVICE TECHNICIAN
We are looking for a sprinkler service technician experienced with dry valves, compressors, and excess pressure pumps, and a good working knowledge of fire hydrants. Backflow repair and testing would be an asset. Must be able to speak, write and understand English. Only experienced individuals will be considered. Valid driver’s license required with good driving record. Must be able to pass security clearance. Own tools required. Starting wage negotiable (based on experience).
- Install valves, alarms and associated equipment, Use air or liquid pressure equipment to test systems for leaks, perform work indoors on residential and commercial buildings.
- Assist in ensuring the right equipment and tools necessary for the jobs are put together to allow for a smooth installation as needed, cut openings for pipe in walls, floors and ceilings using hand or power tools or machines, select type and size of pipe required.
- Measure, cut, thread and bend pipe to required shape using hand and power tools.
- Weld, braze, cement, solder and thread joints to join pipes and fabricate sections of piping system. Install supports, valves, piping and control systems, test system for leaks using testing equipment
- Clean and maintain pipe units and fittings and flush system.
- Responds to customer service calls, checks indicated points of trouble, and analyses requirements of system involved, and checks and test systems components.
- Assist in providing technical assistance and demonstrate operational procedures to other technicians as needed and/or requested.
- Adhere to the policies, procedures, laws, codes and regulations pertaining to assigned programs and functions.
- Acquire knowledge of repair techniques for any new equipment installed.
- Operate heavy equipment when required.
- Communicates and coordinates regularly with appropriate managers, supervisors, and service coordinators and others to maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of interdepartmental operations and activities.
- Maintains professionalism, integrity and high standards of customer satisfaction.
- Professionally represent our company while possessing a polite and respectful demeanor with both customers and fellow co‐workers. Prepared to handle after hour and weekend 24/7 service calls on a rotational basis.
Please feel free to submit your application using the form below.